|Course Name||Electrical Fundamentals|
|Category||Engineering Technology & Applied Science|
|Description||This Electrical Fundamentals course covers general electric circuit parameters and laws.
Through lectures and hands-on lab experiments, the course covers basic electric circuits, parallel circuits, series-parallel circuits, wire tables and conductor sizes, magnetic induction, voltage sources, current sources, resistance, analysis of DC and class 1 and 2 circuits, and power considerations. The use of measuring instruments such as DMM and oscilloscopes is also included.
Attendance, labs, assignments and two tests compose your grade.
Successful completion of Electrical Fundamentals will give you the ability to:
• Calculate and measure voltage, current, resistance and power in electrical DC circuits;
• Identify resistances using colour codes;
• Calculate and measure total equivalent resistances in series parallel circuits;
• Calculate wire gauges using the NEC 310 table;
• Select wire gauges using AWG gauge charts.
|Notes||IMPORTANT NOTICE: For the Fall 2021 Course offering, will be In-class at the Progress campus.
Register online: https://secure.centennialcollege.ca/webreg
Call Enrollment Services at 416-289-5300
Contact Email: EngTech.PT@CentennialCollege.ca
Contact Telephone: 416-289-5000 ext. 2188
|Section||Cost||Semester||Start Date||End Date||Meeting Times||Campus|
|Legend for Days
M - Monday T - Tuesday W - Wednesday R - Thursday F - Friday S - Saturday U - Sunday
TBA - To Be Announced