Medical Device Reprocessing (formerly Sterile Supply)
|Program Name||Medical Device Reprocessing (formerly Sterile Supply)|
|Description||This certificate program prepares individuals to work in Central Service departments in hospitals and clinics. You will learn the theory and principles of microbiology, infection control, instrument preparation, packaging and sterilization. You are expected to be able to routinely lift heavy items. Applicants may not register online. All potential students MUST download the Information/Application package, submit the application and receive an Offer to Register from the program supervisor before being eligible to register in the program.
The Application Package and Application Form are now available for the 2019/2020. Please use the web links below by opening them by copying the link and pasting it into another webpage:
The cost for the program is approximately $2500.00. The length of the program is approximately 9-10 months.
There are 3 intakes for this program:
September - Monday and Wednesday evenings (6:30-9:30 pm)
November - Saturdays (8:30 am-3:30 pm)
January - Tuesday and Thursday evenings (6:30-9:30 pm)
All courses are held at Morningside campus with the exception of MDRP-115 which is a clinical placement held in a hospital or clinical setting for 3 weeks (full time)
|Admission Requirements||Admission requirements:
In order to meet the English requirement for the program you must submit either:
1. an Ontario Secondary School Diploma transcript showing a Grade 12 English grade of 70% or better Or
2. Be over 19 years of age and write the admission English test. English assessment level must be 170/171 for the Medical Device Reprocessing Program. Or
3. a Centennial College Transcript showing a minimum English achievement of COMM160/161 with a grade of B or better
NO documents from outside Ontario will be accepted. Call 416-289-5300, press 4, to book an English assessment.
Where there are more qualified applicants than there are spaces in the program, students will be chosen based on their documented proficiency in English
|Info||The Application Package and Application Form are now available for the 2019/2020. Please use the web links below by opening them by copying the link and pasting it into another webpage:
NOTE: WE DO NOT keep applications from previous years. If you have applied before and now want the program, you MUST REAPPLY...
Applications will be received and accepted on a first come first serve basis if all the requirements have been met.
Applications are processed in order of receipt, so applications should be sent in early. This program is over subscribed.
For further information, other than admission questions, please contact Janice Rasmussen at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Clinical placement requirements will be sent to you at the start of your course.
2. All clinical placement requirements must be completed prior to enrolling in MDRP-114. Clinical placement will take place Monday to Friday for three consecutive weeks for a total of 120 hours.
3. Applicants opting to write the admission test must call the Enrollment Services Office at 416-289-5300 to receive a student number in order to book a test time.
|Contact Telephone||416-289-5000 ext 3357|
|Course Code||Course Name|
|MDRP-110||Introduction to Medical Device Reprocessing|
|MDRP-111||Reprocessing 1 - Decontamination|
|MDRP-112||Reprocessing 2 - Sterilization|
|MDRP-115||Medical Device Reprocessing Practicum|