SQL Server 2012 Performance Tuning
|Course Name||SQL Server 2012 Performance Tuning|
|Category||Information Technology & Computers|
|Description||SQL Server 2012 Query Performance Tuning provides the knowledge and confidence necessary understand how to optimize queries.
While this course is ideal if you are considering a career as a database administrator or are an IT professional who is curious about SQL Server and how to manage it, it is also useful if you are a non-SQL Server administrator using ORACLE, Sybase or DB2 and have an interest in SQL Server.
You will participate in a multitude of hands-on activities, demos and group exercises, and listen to informative lectures about topics such as database maintenance, security and regulatory compliance, disaster recovery, design and performance improvement, SQL server performance killers, memory bottleneck analysis and resolutions, SQL profiler recommendations, clustered and non-clustered indexes, database engine tuning advisor, deadlock analysis, cursor cost comparison and much more.
This in-depth approach prepares you for Microsoft exams 70-462 (Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases) and 70-465 (Designing Database Solutions for Microsoft SQL Server 2012).
Once you complete SQL Server 2012 Query Performance Tuning, you will be able to:
• Identify and fix poorly performing queries that could hurt your business;
• Identify query execution plans and identify bottlenecks in performance;
• Record system performance metrics for trend analysis;
• Design databases and write Transact-SQL code to avoid common problems;
• Demonstrate what an index is, what it does and how to build one;
• Use industry accepted best practices and understand how to develop your own to arrive at optimal database performance.
|Section||Cost||Semester||Start Date||End Date||Meeting Times||Campus|
|There are no sections for this course at this time.|
|Legend for Days
M - Monday T - Tuesday W - Wednesday R - Thursday F - Friday S - Saturday U - Sunday
TBA - To Be Announced