Wind Turbine Installation & Maintenance (Basic)
|Course Name||Wind Turbine Installation & Maintenance (Basic)|
|Category||Engineering Technology & Applied Science|
|Description||The wind turbine installation & maintenance course will provide the basic training on small wind turbines. Upon completion of the program, students will have basic knowledge of various types of wind turbines and their sizing. They will also be able to:
• Describe the principle of wind energy.
• Explain the working principle of wind power system, components & system design
• Describe different types of wind turbine and their operation.
• Explain the performance curve of wind turbine.
• Installation of wind turbine and operation of a wind farm.
• Work with the various types of inverters and balance of systems (BOS).
• Comprehend the various types of storage batteries and charge controllers for a wind turbine installation.
• Understand the techniques of maintenance, operation and trouble shooting of a small wind energy system
|Notes||Register by call : 416-289-5300 or
Register online : https://secure.centennialcollege.ca/webreg
Email at energy.PT@centennialcollege.ca
|Section||Cost||Semester||Start Date||End Date||Meeting Times||Campus|
|Legend for Days
M - Monday T - Tuesday W - Wednesday R - Thursday F - Friday S - Saturday U - Sunday
TBA - To Be Announced