Report Writing in a Technical Environment
|Course Name||Report Writing in a Technical Environment|
|Description||English 250 focuses on written communication in technical environments for students in the School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science. Students will present technical information in appropriate formats which meet professional/workplace standards. Students will write a formal report and a number of informal reports using the appropriate writing style. The formal report will meet the requirements of OACETT (Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists) Technology Report Guidelines.
The student will reliably demonstrate the ability to:
1. research, plan and write a formal report in adherence to OACETT Technology Report Guidelines;
2. research, plan and write short and long informal reports (including emails, memos, and a letter of transmittal) for a specified audience and purpose;
3. produce an accurate and reliable record of research findings with integration of correctly formatted in-text citations and references;
4. apply appropriate writing style, sentence structure, and grammatical rules for audience and purpose;
5. create and integrate graphics into technical reports; and
6. analyze articles in scientific and professional publications.
|Section||Cost||Semester||Start Date||End Date||Meeting Times||Campus|
|There are no sections for this course at this time.|
|Legend for Days
M - Monday T - Tuesday W - Wednesday R - Thursday F - Friday S - Saturday U - Sunday
TBA - To Be Announced