Oracle Database Administration Fundamentals 1
|Course Name||Oracle Database Administration Fundamentals 1|
|Category||Information Technology & Computers|
|Description||Oracle Database Administration Fundamentals 1 teaches how to install and maintain an Oracle database, the first step in obtaining a solid foundation in basic database administration.
Through lesson topics that are reinforced with structured hands-on practice, you will gain a conceptual understanding of the Oracle database architecture and how its components work and interact with one another. You will also learn how to create an operational database and properly manage the various structures in an effective and efficient manner, including performance monitoring, database security, user management, and backup/recovery techniques.
Topics include memory and process structures, planning an Oracle installation, understanding environment variables, creating a database with Database Configuration Assistant (DBCA), managing the Oracle Instance, using Oracle Enterprise Manager, simplified initialization parameters, creating and managing tablespaces, and more.
This Oracle Database Administration Fundamentals 1 course is designed to prepare you for the corresponding Oracle Certified Associate exam. It also gives you the know-how to:
• Understand Oracle database architecture, Oracle Grid Infrastructure and ASM concepts;
• Install Oracle Database and configure a database;
• Manage the Oracle instance;
• Manage the database storage structures;
• Create and administer user accounts;
• Perform backup and recovery of a database;
• Monitor, troubleshoot and maintain a database;
• Configure Oracle Net services;
• Move data between databases and files;
• Work with Oracle support for issue resolution, if required.
|Notes||Prerequisite : COMP-450 Introduction to Oracle SQL
Register online : https://secure.centennialcollege.ca/webreg or call 416-289-5300
Email : infotech.PT@centennialcollege.ca
|Section||Cost||Semester||Start Date||End Date||Meeting Times||Campus|
|Legend for Days
M - Monday T - Tuesday W - Wednesday R - Thursday F - Friday S - Saturday U - Sunday
TBA - To Be Announced