Inventor Fundamentals - Level 1
|Course Name||Inventor Fundamentals - Level 1|
|Category||Engineering Technology & Applied Science|
|Description||Part of a three-course series, Inventor Fundamentals - Level 1 will introduce you to the Autodesk Inventor software, which allows you to generate three-dimensional solid models of any mechanical component.
You will attend three-hour sessions with an emphasis on practical application of theory as you learn new Inventor commands, operations and techniques. Specifically designed illustrative exercises will include laying out a standard three-view orthographic drawing from a solid, creating objects by sweeping a profile through 360 degrees, creating a body with material added as well as removed, and more.
All drawing exercises (which will sequentially build upon each other) are intended to be completed and submitted by the end of the class or at the start of the next session. In addition to these in-class assignments, Inventor Fundamentals - Level 1 will include two tests and a final exam.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to reliably:
• Recognize and use the Inventor graphic interface and command/menu system;
• Use the fundamental commands in the Inventor software to develop precise 3D solid models from orthographic drawings;
• Utilize the commands necessary to extrude and revolve profiles;
• Use the database from any 3D solid model to create proper isometric and orthographic drawings conforming to CSA standards;
• Set up and output drawings to the printer/plotter;
• Organize and manage (for example, save and retrieve) drawing files.
|Notes||Register online: https://secure.centennialcollege.ca/webreg
Call Enrollment Services at 416-289-5300
Contact Email: EngTech.PT@CentennialCollege.ca
Contact Telephone: 416-289-5000 ext. 2188
|Section||Cost||Semester||Start Date||End Date||Meeting Times||Campus|
|Legend for Days
M - Monday T - Tuesday W - Wednesday R - Thursday F - Friday S - Saturday U - Sunday
TBA - To Be Announced