CNC Manual Programming/LATHE 2 CECA-911
|Course Name||CNC Manual Programming/LATHE 2|
|Category||Engineering Technology & Applied Science|
|Description||CNC Manual Programming Lathe 2 is a continuation of the first Manual Programming Lathe course. As such, it will look at more advanced topics. You will learn how to prepare programs of greater complexity.
Through a host of lectures and assignments, with attendance in all classes mandatory, you will become familiar with topics such as circular interpolation, multi-repetitive threading cycles, basic threading cycles, multi-repetitive cycles (G72/G73), tool nose radius compensation, sub-programming and C-axis machining (live tooling).
As a result of the CNC Manual Programming Lathe 2 course, you will gain the ability to confidently:
• Interpret part drawings and develop an efficient manufacturing process;
• Write efficient CNC programs to machine piece parts to the required specifications and tolerances;
• Download CNC programs to the machine control unit of the machine tool;
• Set up a CNC turning center;
• Debug and/or optimize a CNC program at the machine;
• Machine parts to drawing specifications and tolerances.
|Notes||Prerequiste: CNC MANUAL PROGRAMMING/LATHE 1 CECA-910
Register online : https://secure.centennialcollege.ca/webreg or call 416-289-5300
|Section||Cost||Semester||Start Date||End Date||Meeting Times||Campus|
|Legend for Days
M - Monday T - Tuesday W - Wednesday R - Thursday F - Friday S - Saturday U - Sunday
TBA - To Be Announced