|Course Name||Mastercam CAD|
|Category||Engineering Technology & Applied Science|
|Description||CAD Mastercam explores the CAD module of Mastercam X6 software. This CAD/CAM software is a leader in today's manufacturing industries.
Because of the interactive nature of this offering, attendance to all classes is mandatory. You will be taught through topical lectures and hands-on demonstrations of applications at computer workstations. Assignments and attendance will make up half of your final grade, while a final exam will account for the other half.
Through these instructional methods, you will learn to use Mastercam to create precise geometric elements ranging from single entity contours to multi-view annotated drawings.
Upon successful completion of the CAD Mastercam course, you will be able to reliably:
• Recognize and load Mastercam software in a Windows environment;
• Create entities (lines, arcs, points, splines, etc.) in a 2D construction plane;
• Manipulate geometric elements into an orthographic drawing;
• Apply and edit global drafting parameters;
• Apply the Modify menu to geometric elements;
• Manipulate the File menu (edit, save, hardcopy, etc.);
• Set up and apply the construction plane;
• Apply the Transformation (Xform) menu to geometry.
Please note: Students enrolled in CAD/CAM programs require this prerequisite course to advance to the CAD/CAM Milling and CAD/CAM Lathe courses.
|Notes||Register online : https://secure.centennialcollege.ca/webreg or call 416-289-5300|
|Section||Cost||Semester||Start Date||End Date||Meeting Times||Campus|
|Legend for Days
M - Monday T - Tuesday W - Wednesday R - Thursday F - Friday S - Saturday U - Sunday
TBA - To Be Announced