Introduction to Networks - In Class
|Course Name||Introduction to Networks - In Class|
|Category||Information Technology & Computers|
|Description||CCNA Routing and Switching: Introduction to Networks will provide you with an overview of the architecture, structure, functions, components, and models of the Internet and other computer networks.
The course will begin with the principles and structure of IP addressing, and the fundamentals of Ethernet concepts, media and operations to ensure you have a foundation for the curriculum. It will then move onto topics such as network protocols and communications (rules of communication, network protocols and standards, moving data in the network); exploring the network (LANs, WANs and the Internet, the network as a platform, the changing network environment); network layers (network layer protocols, routers and routing, configuring a Cisco router); and more.
These topics will be examined through educational tools such as the Packet Tracer simulation program, interactive lab activities, group discussions and chapter quizzes.
Once you complete this CCNA Routing and Switching: Introduction to Networks course, you will be able to:
• Understand and describe the devices and services used to support communications in data networks and the Internet;
• Describe the role of protocol layers in data networks;
• Describe the importance of addressing and naming schemes at various layers of data networks in IPv4 and IPv6 environments;
• Design, calculate and apply subnet masks and addresses to fulfill given requirements in IPv4 and IPv6 networks;
• Explain fundamental Ethernet concepts such as media, services and operations;
• Build a simple Ethernet network using routers and switches;
• Use Cisco command-line interface (CLI) commands to perform basic router and switch configurations;
• Utilize common network utilities to verify small network operations and analyze data traffic.
|Notes||Register online : https://secure.centennialcollege.ca/webreg or call 416-289-5300
Email : infotech.PT@centennialcollege.ca
|Section||Cost||Semester||Start Date||End Date||Meeting Times||Campus|
|There are no sections for this course at this time.|
|Legend for Days
M - Monday T - Tuesday W - Wednesday R - Thursday F - Friday S - Saturday U - Sunday
TBA - To Be Announced