Intro to Music Recording & Audio Engineering RECA-203
|Course Name||Intro to Music Recording & Audio Engineering|
|Category||Media, Arts and Design|
|Description||Intro to Audio Recording for Music presents the basics needed to operate a recording console and a multi-track digital recorder.
This course explores the fundamentals of live audio recording, audio engineering theory, studio equipment operations and the use of microphone techniques. Compressors, limiters, effects processors and equalizers are also studied.
You will complete five tests, on your knowledge of the audio console, microphones, equalization and dynamic processors, time based effects processors, recording vocals, guitars, drums and live sound; and recording and producing a multi-track demo recording.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to:
• Identify and operate a multi-track recording console;
• Identify and determine the appropriate use of various types of microphones;
• Identify different frequency ranges and determine the appropriate use of equalization;
• Recognize dynamic range and determine the appropriate uses of dynamic range processors;
• Identify various time-based effects and determine the appropriate use of time based effects processors;
• Record live vocals, drums and guitars;
• Identify and operate the components contained in a live PA system;
• Produce and record a multi-track demo recording.
|Notes||Register online : https://secure.centennialcollege.ca/webreg or call 416-289-5300
416-289-5000 ex. 2246
|Section||Cost||Semester||Start Date||End Date||Meeting Times||Campus|
|There are no sections for this course at this time.|
|Legend for Days
M - Monday T - Tuesday W - Wednesday R - Thursday F - Friday S - Saturday U - Sunday
TBA - To Be Announced