Employee Training and Development HRMT-312
|Course Name||Employee Training and Development|
|Description||Employee Training and Development at Centennial College will focus on the premise that people are the most valuable asset of an organization. As such, you will learn how to ensure an organization achieves its goals and objectives while employees fulfill their career potential.
Because one of the mandates of the human resources department is to develop and administer policies, practices and procedures to provide for the effective training and development of employees, you will partake in both lectures and practical activities that will give you expertise to carry out these important tasks. Additionally, you will gain an understanding of the skills required to assess employee training needs, design and administer employee training and development programs, and evaluate both the efficiency and effectiveness of such programs.
The Employee Training and Development course will be comprised of three assignments (individual presentation, training trends in the Canadian workplace and a training practicum during which you will design a lesson plan and deliver a 30 minute training session), a mid-term test, and a final exam that will include all material covered, discussed and/or noted on the course outline.
Once you complete the course, you will be able to:
• Assess the broader context within which training and development activities occur and the factors that impact the function, both within and outside of the organization;
• Position, manage and market the training function effectively to internal and external clients and/or stakeholders, including responding to requests for proposal;
• Present the findings of an accurate training needs assessment and/or analysis;
• Design and deliver training and development programs, assessing pros and cons of various training methods then utilizing a variety of approaches including off- and/or on-the-job training methods;
• Identify, critique and demonstrate methods to improve the positive transfer of learning;
• Identify elements that enhance or detract from, and design effective organizational development initiatives and career development programs;
• Evaluate (using multiple levels of analysis) the effectiveness of training and development initiatives and programs, and report on conclusions and recommendations;
• Calculate the cost of training initiatives and return on training investment accurately, and report on conclusions and recommendations;
• Demonstrate engagement in critical reflective practices.
|Notes||Prerequisite: Human Resources Management HRMT-301 or permission of the department.
Required course for the following outside certifications: HRPA of Ontario
This course is offered in both CE and Distance Learning formats.
For further information regarding Distance Learning, visit www.centennialcollege.ca/dl or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Section||Cost||Semester||Start Date||End Date||Meeting Times||Campus|
|Legend for Days
M - Monday T - Tuesday W - Wednesday R - Thursday F - Friday S - Saturday U - Sunday
TBA - To Be Announced