Introduction to Oracle 11G SQL COMP-450
|Course Name||Introduction to Oracle 11G SQL|
|Category||Information Technology & Computers|
|Description||Introduction to Oracle 11g SQL teaches you to use SQL to retrieve and manipulate data in an Oracle database. It enables you to create objects and use the data dictionary to get information about database objects.
Aside from offering an extensive introduction to data server technology, the class covers the concepts of both relational and object relational databases and the powerful SQL programming language. You will be taught to create and maintain database objects and to store, retrieve and manipulate data. Retrieving data will be taught with the use of using advanced techniques such as ROLLUP, CUBE, set operators, and hierarchical retrieval. Lastly, you will learn to write SQL and SQL Plus script files using the iSQL Plus tool to generate report-like output.
Demonstrations and hands-on practice in a lab environment will reinforce the fundamental Introduction Oracle 11g SQL concepts as you complete assignments and quizzes. You will also complete a mid-term test and a comprehensive final exam.
Upon successful completion of this Introduction to Oracle 11g SQL course, you will be able to:
• Identify the major components of the Oracle Database 11g;
• Retrieve row and column data from tables with the select statements;
• Create reports of sorted and restricted data;
• Use basic SQL Plus commands;
• Employ SQL functions to generate and retrieve customized data;
• Run complex queries to retrieve data from multiple tables;
• Run DML statements to update data in Oracle Database 11g;
• Run DDL statements to create and manage schema objects.
|Section||Cost||Semester||Start Date||End Date||Meeting Times||Campus|
|There are no sections for this course at this time.|
|Legend for Days
M - Monday T - Tuesday W - Wednesday R - Thursday F - Friday S - Saturday U - Sunday
TBA - To Be Announced