Enterprise Application Development using Java EE COMP-426
|Course Name||Enterprise Application Development using Java EE|
|Category||Information Technology & Computers|
|Description||Enterprise Application Development using Java EE focuses on advanced Java EE concepts used to develop Enterprise applications, which are more often used by medium and big size companies.
The course highlights the latest Java EE specifications: EJB, Persistence API, Java Message Service, message-drive beans and Web services. You will be introduced XML and XML-associated technologies, and learn end-to-end design and programming techniques utilizing Java EE features.
You will also learn how Java EE applications are built and profiled under development environment and deployed to testing and production environments.
Demonstrations and hands-on components play a significant part in the course, comprising two assignments, a mid-term and a final exam.
Completing Enterprise Application Development using Java EE means you will have the ability to:
• Demonstrate good understanding of Java EE architecture;
• Demonstrate and apply advanced Java EE features;
• Demonstrate good understanding of Java Persistence API;
• Use MySQL and/or Oracle with JAPI to update, add and delete rows from tables;
• Demonstrate and apply EJBs and message driven beans;
• Design, code and test Java Message Service;
• Design and develop Web services using Java EE;
• Discuss programming standards and best practices;
• Discuss XML and XML-associated technologies;
• Design, develop, debug and deploy an end-to-end Java EE application.
|Notes||This course is offered in-class.
For in-class please email infotech.PT@centennialcollege.ca or call 416-289-5000 x2267
|Section||Cost||Semester||Start Date||End Date||Meeting Times||Campus|
|Legend for Days
M - Monday T - Tuesday W - Wednesday R - Thursday F - Friday S - Saturday U - Sunday
TBA - To Be Announced