Web Development using Java EE and Open Source Technologies COMP-425
|Course Name||Web Development using Java EE and Open Source Technologies|
|Category||Information Technology & Computers|
|Description||Web Development using Java EE and Open Source Technologies is for those who want to specialize in Java Web development.
During the course, you will become familiar with Java EE components such as servlets, JSP and Tag Libraries. Fundamentals of server-side programming and Model View Controller Architecture (MVC) will be discussed using Web servers and application servers. In addition to Java EE JSF and Ajax technologies, other open source libraries such as Struts and Hibernate are explored.
You will develop, test, debug and deploy end-to-end Web applications using Eclipse and RAD as application development tools, Tomcat and WebSphere as application servers, and MySQL and Oracle as databases.
The Web Development using Java EE and Open Source Technologies course comprises two assignments, a mid-term, and a final exam.
Once you complete the course, you will know how to:
• Explain Java EE architecture and Java server-side technologies;
• Design, code and test Java servlets;
• Design, code and test a JavaServer pages;
• Discuss programming standards and best practices;
• Design a Java EE application using MVC and JSF;
• Develop an application with JSF, Ajax;
• Develop a Java Web application using Struts;
• Use MySQL DB to create database and tables;
• Use Hibernate API to update, add and delete rows from tables;
• Design and develop E2E java Web application using MVC and Hibernate;
• Debug and deploy a Java EE Web application
|Notes||This course is offered in-class.
For in-class please email infotech.PT@centennialcollege.ca or call 416-289-5000 x2267
|Section||Cost||Semester||Start Date||End Date||Meeting Times||Campus|
|Legend for Days
M - Monday T - Tuesday W - Wednesday R - Thursday F - Friday S - Saturday U - Sunday
TBA - To Be Announced