Interface Design and Usability for the Web CG-248
|Course Name||Interface Design and Usability for the Web|
|Description||Interface Design and Usability for the Web uses theory and research in combination with practical application to bring user-centred design perspective to developing Web-based applications.
The focus in on a broad view of human-computer interaction (HCI), looking at the larger issues of how people work with computers and then concentrating on how to apply that knowledge to the Web. The course also includes detailed directions on how to connect with the Web users in diverse situations, and discuss guidelines and principles in interface design and usability for the Web.
During the time you spend in Interface Design and Usability for the Web, you will be graded on a written proposal, an assignment, a presentation and class participation as well as a test.
Once you complete the offering, you will be able to:
• Gain a good understanding of the concepts and technologies used with Internet and the World Wide Web;
• Realize the importance of user interface design and usability for the Web;
• Follow the directions in a variety of situations in Web design;
• Design a professional website considering user interface design and usability;
• Test a website iteratively and thoroughly;
• Analyze and evaluate an existing website using different methods and/or tools;
• Write a high-level proposal complying with a set of guidelines and principles;
• Present a convincing proposal meeting high standards.
|Notes||Register online : https://secure.centennialcollege.ca/webreg or 416-289-5300
416-289-5000 ex. 2246
|Section||Cost||Semester||Start Date||End Date||Meeting Times||Campus|
|Story Arts Centre|
|Legend for Days
M - Monday T - Tuesday W - Wednesday R - Thursday F - Friday S - Saturday U - Sunday
TBA - To Be Announced