Web Fundamentals CG-093
|Course Name||Web Fundamentals|
|Category||Media, Arts and Design|
|Description||Web Fundamentals is for those with little or no Web/Internet experience who would like to change or enhance their career.
A strong emphasis is placed on front-end Web development using HTML components such as links, tables, frames and image map navigation; form construction (graphical user interface development), CSS examples, images and colour control using Photoshop, Web usability and functionality, a comprehensive understanding of the Web environment and how to structure broadband information.
You will also learn the importance of writing a proposal, which lead sto creating and presenting a fully functional Website. Your grade will be determined by your performance on this, a Website template, creating a fully functional site, a presentation on the Website, and your participation and lab performance.
Upon completion of Web Fundamentals you will be confident in:
• Understanding the Web environment;
• Realizing the importance of Web "usability" and function;
• Increasing awareness of front versus backend functionality;
• Gaining a good understanding of basic HTML code;
• Understanding CSS style sheets;
• HTML troubleshooting techniques;
• Understanding image manipulation for the Web;
• Implementing Web templates for constancy;
• Being able to communicate in a multimedia environment;
• Knowing how to create a fully functional website;
• Having the ability to structure Web pages;
• Understanding the FTP process;
• Knowing how to write a Web proposal.
|Notes||Register online : https://secure.centennialcollege.ca/webreg or call 416-289-5300
email : email@example.com
416-289-5000 ex. 2246
|Section||Cost||Semester||Start Date||End Date||Meeting Times||Campus|
|Story Arts Centre|
|Legend for Days
M - Monday T - Tuesday W - Wednesday R - Thursday F - Friday S - Saturday U - Sunday
TBA - To Be Announced