Electrical Systems and Control CERB-605
|Course Name||Electrical Systems and Control|
|Category||Engineering Technology & Applied Science|
|Description||Electrical Systems and Control focuses on basic electrical control components, wiring and motor starting methods.
In addition to examining limit switches, sensors (inductive and capacitive), photo sensors and ultrasonic sensors, you will also learn the basics of PLC operation (PLC bases and PLC devices and programming), numbering system, terminology and programming. Lastly, this Electrical Systems and Control course will offer an introduction to DC/AC drives.
This course will give you the know-how to:
• Use electrical control components in control circuits;
• Design basic two and three-wire electrical control;
• Interpret and understand electrical schematic diagrams;
• Understand electrical power systems, control circuits and motor starters;
• Use PLC based control and programming concept and applications;
• Identify AC drives and their applications.
|Notes||Prerequisite: Electrical Construction & Maintenance 2 CERB-603
Register online : https://secure.centennialcollege.ca/webreg or call 416-289-5300
|Section||Cost||Semester||Start Date||End Date||Meeting Times||Campus|
|Legend for Days
M - Monday T - Tuesday W - Wednesday R - Thursday F - Friday S - Saturday U - Sunday
TBA - To Be Announced