Inventor Fundamentals - Level 2 CEIV-200
|Course Name||Inventor Fundamentals - Level 2|
|Category||Engineering Technology & Applied Science|
|Description||This second course in the INVENTOR Fundamentals series builds on the material covered in the initial course to provide you with the necessary skills to utilize the Autodesk INVENTOR software when generating three-dimensional solid models of any mechanical component or assembly.
Among the specific topics that you will learn will be: orthographic view extraction, adding threaded details to components, creating design tables for families of parts, parametric design, creating "fitted" assemblies, sectioning, sheet metal work and adding dimensions to orthographic drawings.
Due to the technical nature of the subject matter, this course will be structured to provide you with as much hands-on practice as possible. Each three-hour session will consist of a brief lecture and in-class assignments intended to put the new INVENTOR commands, operations and techniques you learn into practice. The portfolio you create through your in-class assignments will consist of seven drawings.
Successfully completing INVENTOR Fundamentals - Level 2 will give you the know-how to:
• Use the fundamental commands in the INVENTOR software to develop precise 3D solid models and assemblies from orthographic drawings;
• Develop design spreadsheets for families of parts;
• Add standard threaded features to solid models;
• Create sheet metal flat pattern developments from appropriate solid models;
• Use multiple three dimensional models to create assembled views;
• Use the database from any 3D solid model and/or assembly to create proper isometric and orthographic drawings conforming to CSA standards;
• Set up and output drawings to the printer/plotter;
• Organize and manage (for example, save and retrieve) drawing files.
|Notes||Prerequisite : INVENTOR Fundamentals - Level 1 (CEIV-100)
Register online : https://secure.centennialcollege.ca/webreg or call 416-289-5300
email : engtech.PT@centennialcollege.ca
|Section||Cost||Semester||Start Date||End Date||Meeting Times||Campus|
|Legend for Days
M - Monday T - Tuesday W - Wednesday R - Thursday F - Friday S - Saturday U - Sunday
TBA - To Be Announced