Motorcycle Chassis CEEN-924
|Course Name||Motorcycle Chassis|
|Description||Motorcycle Chassis offers you a basic overview by focusing on the common components that make up a motorcycle chassis.
In fully outfitted labs that allow for hands-on participation, you will learn all about frames, suspension, steering, brakes, wheels and tires. Methods of instruction include lectures, video and practical work.
Once you complete the Motorcycle Chassis course, you will know:
• Frame geometry;
• Steering head and swing-arm design;
• Chain adjuster types;
• Spring and dampers;
• Rear and front suspension;
• Front fork strip (time and tools allowing);
• Wheel types and bearings;
• Tire construction, markings and balancing;
• Wheel bearing removal;
• Drum brakes;
• Disc brakes;
• General maintenance and servicing;
• Bleeding the hydraulic system;
• Stripping and rebuilding drum brakes.
Note: CSA-approved safety boots and safety glasses will be required for admission to all lab classes. Failure to comply in any lab will result in a temporary dismissal from the class.
For information call 416-289-5207 PRESS 8 - Current or former Centennial students, please call to register
|Section||Cost||Semester||Start Date||End Date||Meeting Times||Campus|
|Legend for Days
M - Monday T - Tuesday W - Wednesday R - Thursday F - Friday S - Saturday U - Sunday
TBA - To Be Announced