Distributed Components - Windows Components Foundations CEDN-005
|Course Name||Distributed Components - Windows Components Foundations|
|Category||Information Technology & Computers|
|Description||In Distributed Components &amp; WFC, become familiar with the Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), Microsoft's unified integration framework that underlies communication technologies (ASMX web services, .NET remoting, COM+ and MSMQ) from the VS.Net developer.
Based on service-oriented architecture for systems integration, WCF promotes the creation of loosely coupled, distributed components that are published as service contracts. To fully understand WCF and its components, you will explore topics such as hosting a WCF service, contracts, endpoints and behaviors; the communication model, the protocols, reliability, discovery and announcements, and testing and troubleshooting.
By actively partaking in lectures and discussions as well as demonstrations and hands-on tutorials, you will be prepared for .NET certification.
The Distributed Components &amp; WFC course will also give you the ability to:
• Define and explain service-oriented architecture (SOA);
• Define and explain Windows Component Foundations (WCF);
• Implement a service contract;
• Share a contract;
• Create a custom host;
• Explain the central role of binding and inter-operability;
• Choose messaging patterns;
• Improve service reliability by using transactions, queues and reliable messaging;
• Authenticate and authorize WCF services;
• Extend WCF through behaviors, inspectors and host extensions.
|Notes||Prerequisites : CEDN-002, CEDN-003, & CEDN-004
Register online : https://secure.centennialcollege.ca/webreg or call 416-289-5300
Email : infotech.PT@centennialcollege.ca
|Section||Cost||Semester||Start Date||End Date||Meeting Times||Campus|
|Legend for Days
M - Monday T - Tuesday W - Wednesday R - Thursday F - Friday S - Saturday U - Sunday
TBA - To Be Announced