AutoCAD Module 1 CECA-931
|Course Name||AutoCAD Module 1|
|Category||Engineering Technology & Applied Science|
|Description||In just seven weeks, AutoCAD Module 1 will introduce you to one of the most versatile and popular Computer-Assisted-Drafting (CAD) software packages currently available.
AutoCAD provides numerous tools and methods for producing, viewing and editing two and three-dimensional drawings in any discipline. In this hands-on course, you will explore the basic principles and operational techniques necessary to effectively use the AutoCAD software in a two-dimensional environment. Among specific topics covered in AutoCAD Module 1 will be system fundamentals, basic and advanced drawing commands, drawing by coordinate entry, dimensioning, hatching and more.
Because classes will be designed to emphasize hands-on experience, in each session specific exercises that clearly illustrate basic AutoCAD commands will be assigned. Weekly instruction will be provided in one of the College's AutoCAD labs during a three-hour class consisting of a brief lecture on software technique followed by a lab session, which will reiterate the theory.
Successfully completing this offering will allow you to:
• Comprehend some of the fundamental graphic language concepts of mechanical engineering drafting (CSA standards);
• Utilize the AutoCAD graphic interface and command/menu system;
• Access standard drawing templates and set up the drawing environment and scale;
• Use the fundamental drawing commands of the AutoCAD software;
• Apply basic draw, dimension and modify menu commands to create various 2D drawings;
• Make use of the linetype and hatch commands;
• Set up and use the plot commands to output drawings to the printer/plotter;
• Organize and manage (for example, save and retrieve) drawing files.
|Notes||Register online : https://secure.centennialcollege.ca/webreg or call 416-289-5300
email : engtech.PT@centennialcollege.ca
|Section||Cost||Semester||Start Date||End Date||Meeting Times||Campus|
|Legend for Days
M - Monday T - Tuesday W - Wednesday R - Thursday F - Friday S - Saturday U - Sunday
TBA - To Be Announced