CAD/CAM LATHE 2 CECA-906
|Course Name||CAD/CAM LATHE 2|
|Category||Engineering Technology & Applied Science|
|Description||CNC CAD/CAM Lathe 2 will take the concepts you learned in Lathe 1 and expand on them. The course will focus on using the Mastercam software's external and internal thread module to develop efficient programs for more complex production parts.
You will learn to define the common parameters and tool definitions, use the multi-repetitive cycle to generate the CNC data to machine the part; and, using solid generated components and addressing the live tooling - "C Axis", generate fully documented CNC programs to efficiently machine the component parts.
The CNC CAD/CAM Lathe 2 course will consist of a range of assignments and a final exam. Attendance at all classes is mandatory.
Once you successfully complete this course, you will be able to:
• Design and fully dimension complex parts, using the CAD software of an integrated CAD/CAM system;
• Construct efficient and accurate toolpaths, necessary for the production of parts that include properly selecting the appropriate machining methods for each application, selecting the proper cutting tool for each application and responding with the correct input for variable machining functions;
• Post process CAD and toolpath data, which includes evaluating on-screen toolpath plotting, assessing parameter adjustments and committing finalized machining data to generate complete machining program;
• Generate efficient and accurate CNC programs;
• Download, execute and edit CNC programs to a 3-axis CNC lathe;
• Successfully machine parts to required specifications and tolerances.
|Notes||Prerequisite: CAD/CAM LATHE 1 CECA-905
Register online : https://secure.centennialcollege.ca/webreg or call 416-289-5300
|Section||Cost||Semester||Start Date||End Date||Meeting Times||Campus|
|There are no sections for this course at this time.|
|Legend for Days
M - Monday T - Tuesday W - Wednesday R - Thursday F - Friday S - Saturday U - Sunday
TBA - To Be Announced