CAD/CAM LATHE 1 CECA-905
|Course Name||CAD/CAM LATHE 1|
|Category||Engineering Technology & Applied Science|
|Description||CNC CAD/CAM Lathe 1 focuses on the preparation and delivery of CNC programs with respect to a CNC Turning Centre (3-axis).
You will learn to use the most advanced CAD/CAM software, Mastercam (X5), to create part geometry for various parts of medium complexity. You will also gain insight into establishing toolpaths and cutting parameters to generate a CNC program for a 3-axis CNC Turning Centre (Mori-Seiki SL-150-Fanuc 16 Control).
Through in-class drawing assignments and a final test, you will become comfortable with developing fully documented CNC programs for machined parts of medium complexity.
Once you complete your studies in CNC CAD/CAM Lathe 1, you will be able to confidently:
• Design and fully dimension complex parts, using the CAD software of an integrated CAD/CAM system;
• Construct efficient and accurate toolpaths necessary for the production of parts that include properly selecting the appropriate machining methods for each application, selecting proper cutting tools for each application and responding with the correct input for variable machining functions;
• Post process CAD and toolpath data, which includes evaluating on-screen toolpath plotting, assessing parameter adjustments and committing finalized machining data to generate a complete machining program;
• Generate efficient and accurate CNC programs;
• Download, execute and edit CNC programs to a 3-axis CNC lathe;
• Successfully machine parts to required specifications and tolerances.
|Notes||Prerequite: MASTERCAM CAD CECA-900 ; CNC MANUAL PROGRAMMING/LATHE 2 CECA-911
Register online : https://secure.centennialcollege.ca/webreg or call 416-289-5300
|Section||Cost||Semester||Start Date||End Date||Meeting Times||Campus|
|Legend for Days
M - Monday T - Tuesday W - Wednesday R - Thursday F - Friday S - Saturday U - Sunday
TBA - To Be Announced