CAD/CAM Vertical Mill 2 CECA-904
|Course Name||CAD/CAM Vertical Mill 2|
|Category||Engineering Technology & Applied Science|
|Description||Using the latest version of Mastercam system (demo software provided), you will learn to produce a formatted CNC tape file for all types of 3-axis programs. All of the drill-like operations and pocketing functions (open and closed) will be addressed in this hands-on course.
CNC Vertical Mill 2 will cover: screen functions (blank and hide), menus (settings and applications), manual entry settings, pocketing parameters (settings and options), rough finishing parameters (settings and options), cutting tool selection, work coordinate system (WCS), facing, drilling, reaming, engraving, chamfering, high speed machining, feature based machining, import of solid models (SOLIDWORKS), surface high speed toolpaths and many more.
Computer-aided-design (CAD) and computer-aided-manufacturing (CAM) have revolutionized the mechanical design and production process. CAD/CAM saves time, resources and production costs with its efficiency and accuracy.
Upon successful completion of this offering, you will reliably demonstrate the ability to:
• Construct part Geometry in 2D, 3D and Solids
• Apply Geometry modification function to simplify the creative process.
• Identify different types of Toolpath Modules.
• Define common Parameters used in Solid and 3D modules.
• Apply specific Toolpath Modules to specific 'machine operations'.
• Apply Solid Toolpaths to generate CNC programs to produce parts.
• Comprehend the Toolpath file structure.
• Apply Toolpath editing functions to simplify Toolpath generation.
• Convert Geometry files to and from other CAD/CAM systems.
|Notes||Prerequisite: CAD/CAM Vertical Mill 1 CECA-903 or MT-201
Register online : https://secure.centennialcollege.ca/webreg or call 416-289-5300
|Section||Cost||Semester||Start Date||End Date||Meeting Times||Campus|
|Legend for Days
M - Monday T - Tuesday W - Wednesday R - Thursday F - Friday S - Saturday U - Sunday
TBA - To Be Announced