Automotive Electrical/Electronics 1 CEAM-960
|Course Name||Automotive Electrical/Electronics 1|
|Description||Automotive Electrical/Electronics Level 1 provides you a working knowledge of the basics of automotive electrical and electronic systems.
The course discusses electrical principles and their application in a variety of automotive systems, including batteries, charging and starting systems as well as instrumentation. You will also look at specifics such as relays, coils and solenoids; semi-conductors, starter motor circuits, alternators, electronic voltage regulators and more.
Completion of Automotive Electrical/Electronics Level 1 will give you the ability to:
• Explain basic electrical and electronic theories and formulas;
• Construct basic electrical circuits;
• Describe the construction and operation of batteries, starters, alternators and vehicle instrumentation circuits;
• Test batteries, alternators and starters;
• Perform basic tests of automotive ignition systems.
|Notes||More information call 416-289-5207 PRESS 8 - Current or former Centennial students, please call to register
Please note: CSA-approved safety boots and safety glasses will be required for admission to all lab classes. Failure to comply in any lab will result in a temporary dismissal from the class.
|Section||Cost||Semester||Start Date||End Date||Meeting Times||Campus|
|Legend for Days
M - Monday T - Tuesday W - Wednesday R - Thursday F - Friday S - Saturday U - Sunday
TBA - To Be Announced