Auto Body Repair 1 CEAB-902
|Course Name||Auto Body Repair 1|
|Description||Auto Body Repair Level 1 is a practical course introducing all of the basic areas of auto body repair.
You will learn the use of hand and power tools, application of body fillers, two-stage putties and epoxy primer, minor dent repair, Oxy/Acetylene welding and GMA (MIG) welding techniques, and examine forming, flanging and contouring simple panels.
In addition, you will become familiar with a series of standard safety procedures when repairing a vehicle, proper identification of body panels, and proper tool uses and handling.
The Auto Body Repair Level 1 grading scheme is made up of three tests, an assignment and your attendance record.
Once you complete this offering, you will be adept in:
• Handling all tools and materials required in body repairs;
• Properly identifying all major body components;
• Performing proper repair techniques to surface rusted areas and repair techniques to minor dents;
• Performing basic welds to sheet metal;
• Identifying all components of the welding equipment;
• Fabricating a repair patch.
|Notes||For more information call 416-289-5207 PRESS 8 - Current or former Centennial students, please call to register
Please note: CSA-approved safety boots and safety glasses will be required for admission to all lab classes. Failure to comply in any lab will result in a temporary dismissal from the class.
|Section||Cost||Semester||Start Date||End Date||Meeting Times||Campus|
|Legend for Days
M - Monday T - Tuesday W - Wednesday R - Thursday F - Friday S - Saturday U - Sunday
TBA - To Be Announced