Automotive Damage Appraisal CEAB-900
|Course Name||Automotive Damage Appraisal|
|Description||Automotive Damage Appraisal offers you methods and procedures for estimating collision damage.
Learn all about topics such as estimating flat rate schedules, labour rate computing, adjusting, forming discounts, garage owners' responsibilities, releases, report writing, business procedures, policy and refinishing. The course also covers the legal responsibilities of insurance companies, collision shops and vehicle owners.
Hands-on lessons using the latest techology in auto appraisal, this wil allow you to analyze vehicle damage and create computerized estimates.
The Automotive Damage Appraisal course uses a grading system that factors in attendance and participation as well as a written appraisal and final exam.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
• Know when a airbag removed or re placed, and explain why it is necessary;
• Decode a vehicle identification number;
• Read a crash manual;
• Appraise a damaged vehicle;
• Appraise paint repairs for single stage, two-stage and three-stage;
• Use computerised appraising;
• Prepare a total loss, actual cash value (ACV) and a final release;
• Recognise primary and secondary damage;
• Interpret the Motor Vehicle Repair Act and how it is applied;
• Understand vehicle branding in Ontario.
|Notes||More information call 416-289-5207 PRESS 8 Current or former Centennial students, please call to register
Please note: CSA-approved safety boots and safety glasses will be required for admission to all lab classes. Failure to comply in any lab will result in a temporary dismissal from the class.
|Section||Cost||Semester||Start Date||End Date||Meeting Times||Campus|
|Legend for Days
M - Monday T - Tuesday W - Wednesday R - Thursday F - Friday S - Saturday U - Sunday
TBA - To Be Announced