Scaling Networks CCTC-503
|Course Name||Scaling Networks|
|Category||Information Technology & Computers|
|Description||CCNA Routing and Switching: Scaling Networks course focuses on describing the architecture, components, and operations of routers and switches in larger and more complex networks.
You will learn how to configure routers and switches for advanced functionality, configure and troubleshoot routers and switches, resolve common issues with OSPF, EIGRP and STP in both IPv4 and IPv6 networks, and implement a WLAN in a small-to-medium network.
You will obtain your knowledge of the subject matter through Packet Tracer simulation exercises, interactive lab activities, group discussions and chapter quizzes.
CCNA Routing and Switching: Scaling Networks will cover LAN redundancy (spanning tree concepts, varieties of spanning tree protocols, spanning tree configuration, first-hop redundancy protocols); wireless LANs (concepts, operation, security, configuration); adjusting and troubleshooting single-area OSPF, advanced single-area OSPF configurations, and more.
As a result of CCNA Routing and Switching: Scaling Networks, you will be adept in:
• Explaining, configuring and troubleshooting enhanced switching technologies such as VLANs, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP), Per VLAN Spanning Tree Plus Protocol (PVST+), and EtherChannel;
• Explaining, configuring and troubleshooting first hop redundancy protocols (HSRP) in a switched network;
• Describing, configuring and troubleshooting wireless routers and wireless clients;
• Configuring and troubleshooting routers in a complex routed IPv4 or IPv6 network using single-area OSPF, multi-area OSPF and Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP);
• Managing Cisco IOS® Software licensing and configuration files.
This course is offered in both in-class and Distance Learning formats.
For in-class please email infotech.PT@centennialcollege.ca or call 416-289-5000 x2267
For further information regarding Distance Learning, visit http://www.centennialcollege.ca/programs-courses/distance-learning/ or email email@example.com.
|Section||Cost||Semester||Start Date||End Date||Meeting Times||Campus|
|Legend for Days
M - Monday T - Tuesday W - Wednesday R - Thursday F - Friday S - Saturday U - Sunday
TBA - To Be Announced