Routing and Switching Essentials CCTC-502
|Course Name||Routing and Switching Essentials|
|Category||Information Technology & Computers|
|Description||The CCNA Routing and Switching: Routing and Switching Essentials course will explore the architecture, components, and operations of routers and switches in a small network.
In an interactive environment, you will partake in a range of activities including labs, Packet Tracer simulation exercises, group discussions and chapter quizzes. Each of these teaching tools will factor into your final grade. Labs and Packet Tracer assignments, and chapter tests are worth a combined 60 per cent of your final grade. Lab tests and a final exam, meanwhile, make up the final 40 per cent.
Among the chapters covered in CCNA Routing and Switching: Routing and Switching Essentials course will be Introduction to Switched Networks, Basic Switching Concepts and Configuration, Routing Concepts, Routing Dynamically and more.
Once you complete your studies, you will be able to confidently:
• Describe basic switching concepts and the operation of Cisco switches;
• Describe the purpose, nature and operations of a router, routing tables, and the route lookup process;
• Describe how VLANs create logically separate networks and how routing occurs between them;
• Describe dynamic routing protocols, distance vector routing protocols and link-state routing protocols;
• Explain, configure and troubleshoot static routing and default routing (RIP and RIPng);
• Explain, configure and troubleshoot an Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) network;
• Explain, configure and troubleshoot access control lists (ACLs) for IPv4 and IPv6 networks;
• Explain, configure and troubleshoot Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) for IPv4 and IPv6 networks;
• Explain, configure and troubleshoot Network Address Translation (NAT) operations.
|Notes||This course is offered in both in-class and Distance Learning formats.
For in-class please email infotech.PT@centennialcollege.ca or call 416-289-5000 x2267
For further information regarding Distance Learning, visit http://www.centennialcollege.ca/programs-courses/distance-learning/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Section||Cost||Semester||Start Date||End Date||Meeting Times||Campus|
|Legend for Days
M - Monday T - Tuesday W - Wednesday R - Thursday F - Friday S - Saturday U - Sunday
TBA - To Be Announced