A+ IT Essentials: PC Hardware and Software CCTC-103
|Course Name||A+ IT Essentials: PC Hardware and Software|
|Category||Information Technology & Computers|
|Description||A+ IT Essentials: PC Hardware: Software course will prepare you to meet the objectives of the two current A+ certification exams.
The A+ Essentials exam will measure computer knowledge for an entry-level IT professional. The A+ IT Technician exam, meanwhile, is an extension of the A+ Essentials exam and it will test for specific skills for individuals in a technical environment with on-site client interaction.
Through practical learning, this course will give you a sound understanding of current PC hardware and operating system repair, maintenance and upgrade issues. Among specific topics covered will be lab and tool safety, PM and troubleshooting basics, fundamentals of laptops and PDAs, fundamentals of networks, fundamentals of security, advanced PC repair, advanced printers and scanners, and more.
You will learn through assignments, quizzes and two term tests.
Once you complete the A+ IT Essentials: PC Hardware & Software offering not only will you be prepared for the two exams, but you will also have the know-how to:
• Identify, test and install PC-compatible computer and operating system components;
• Install, configure and test PC-compatible hardware, equipment and applications software;
• Upgrade and change hardware and software components;
• Use the appropriate operation systems tools to manage the computer systems;
• Install and configure disk storage systems and multimedia, and customize systems and/or user interfaces;
• Configure PCs for installation on peer-to-peer and local area networks;
• Perform hardware and system diagnostics;
• Manage data storage and backup, and implement PC and data security;
• Provide basic setup and support to laptops, PDAs, printers and scanners
|Notes||This course is offered in-class.
For in-class please email infotech.PT@centennialcollege.ca or call 416-289-5000 x2267
|Section||Cost||Semester||Start Date||End Date||Meeting Times||Campus|
|Legend for Days
M - Monday T - Tuesday W - Wednesday R - Thursday F - Friday S - Saturday U - Sunday
TBA - To Be Announced